Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1 Nephi 8-10

When reading about Lehi's vision I really tried to put myself in the position of one of Lehi's children.  I was thinking about the mist and how so many were lost while traveling through, and how if they just held onto the rod they would have stayed on course.
It made me think of the periods of my life I'm having an especially difficult time, and I imagined my path with different areas of mist, some more cloudy than others.  I'm reminded how I really need to cling to the gospel at these times, because it is so easy to get lost during those times.
Also, I had a little thought on a piece of paper from EFY 1998, Joy in the Journey that I really loved.

"Be cheerful in all that you do.  Live joyfully.  Live happily.  Live enthusiastically, knowing that God does not dwell in gloom and melancholy, but in light and love."
Ezra Taft Benson, New Era, September 1979, p.42

Being one that's sometimes prone to dwell and stir in my melancholy times, this was good for me to read.  I need to focus on not allowing myself to have pity parties so frequently.

No comments: