Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday dinner in California

So, as you'll see in the two posts after this one, these are out of order but, oh well.
I took a quick trip to California in July (and by quick I mean 72 hours.)  It was seriously jam packed and I felt like a zombie the whole time running on little sleep, but I had so much fun!
I got in Friday about noon and got lunch at In-N-Out with my dad, got my hair cut, grabbed some froyo at Golden Spoon (natch) and then my mom and I headed over to the Sullivans' to catch up before the shower the next day.
Saturday we headed out to Murrieta for Ryan's birthday party, and then I took off for the shower.  (You'll read about these events in the next posts.)
After the shower my mom went to a wedding and my dad and I took a ride on his bike to head down to dinner at Claim Jumper.  
Sunday my dad took off for a *motorcycle trip with his brother, and my mom and I went to church together.
After church was SO fun.  My mom made my favorite dinner (she is the BEST cook) and we ate with Jason and Elise, Rebecca, Steve, and the kids, and George and Lynette Saadeh.  Some really good family friends from the ward.  My bff Cindy and her husband Jake and their boy Blaine couldn't make it for dinner but stopped by after.  It was so fun to see them and catch up, even if it was a brief visit!
We had SO much fun hanging out and playing Guitar Hero, and different games on the Wii.  Thanks so much Jason and Elise for bringing it up from San Diego!

The kids loved playing outside, and when they finally came in I had to take a picture of their cute shoes, and put my blackberry in the photo so show how tiny the little Rainbows and Crocs are!  So darling!!!
Jason teaching my mom how to play the drums.
What a rockstar!
Rebecca was great on the vocals.
The audience: Meg, Steveo, and Ryno
George and Lynette


Love this photo with Rebecca and Meg
George was a hoot playing Rock Band!!
Jake, Cindy, and Blaine hanging out.
Obviously I can't get enough of the Megster.
Jason made a Mii that could be George's clone!
My mom and George boxing

3 comments:

chelse said...

looks like fun ;) isn't rock band the best game ever! whenever i play it i do for hours and don't blink! it remindes me of dr mario days! (oh i miss those days ;(

elise said...

that was a fun sunday! i haven't played rb since that day actually.

Nadia said...

I love the pictures of George and Lynette - especially George with the guitar. So funny.