Monday, June 30, 2008

25

So my quarter century birthday came and went and I have to say, it was probably my best birthday yet.  I had an awesome week, with so many fun things going on.
The day was great.  We had ice cream cake (my favorite), Charlie bought Italian for lunch (I got gnocchi, of course) and in the afternoon the boss man sent me shopping.  The best part of the day, however, was all the sweet phone calls, texts, emails, and cards.  It's always so nice to hear from all my favorite people.  Also, maybe my favorite thing about birthdays is all the cheesy renditions of the birthday song you get all day long.  So great.  Of course the best Happy Birthday voicemail was from Ryno.
That night after work things just got even better.
Here are the girls in the subway at Union Square, waiting for the 4/5.  That's Maria, Court, me, Jac, and Chels.  (Jac, you really need a blog.)




The night started out with Curtis and Zocalo for some yummy Mexican food.
I decided if I ever go on match.com or something this can be my profile pic.  I love the "Take out" sign in the background.

I got the enchiladas and a daqueri.  The chicken was soooo tender.  Mmmmm.
They have amazing chips and salsa.  Curtis was really sad when we ran out of our second helping of salsa.  He could drink it straight.
Then we headed over to Union Square to meet up with the girls at my favorite dessert restaurant, Max Brenner.  



Love love love Jac.  If someone told me I had to share a room forever, it'd be with her.

Court got the waffles.  Delish.
I got the Urban Smores.  Words cannot describe how amazing this dish is.


The chocolate was dripping from the dish and I figured, heck, it's my birthday.
I like them charred and caught on fire.  Love the burnt taste.
Our server brought a little chocolate square with a candle and they sang Happy Birthday.  Here I am, thinking up a good wish.

Drawing me a picture with the leftover chocolate and raspberry sauce.
Watching intently.

As Chelse (not to be confused with Chelsie) would say, "You're a tiger!"
For some reason we decided to take a picture with our server, who loved us, natch.
And then I proceeded to back that thing up into a cart full of dishes, woops, as Chels struck a pose.
A little restaurant Salsa dancing.

Fencing with our s'mores skewers.
After dinner we headed back to our apartment.  I don't know if we were hyped up on all the sugar from the restaurant or what, but we were SO crazy hyper.  It was great.  One of those nights where you're the obnoxious table, being super loud and just laughing hysterically and not even caring.  
I opened up my cards when I got home, and loved the card from my niece and nephew, Megan and Ryan, with a sticker that said AWESOME AUNT.  I took this picture so they could see how happy it made me, but the sticker didn't come out too clear.  :(
Of course we finished the night with an impromptu dance party, the best kind.  Curtis and Jaclyn gave us a lesson on wall dancing.

Thank you to everyone for making my day so special.  It was so nice to hear from all of you; I feel so lucky to have you all in my life.
A special thanks to my favorite New York girls for coming out and making my night so fun, and to Curtis for being able to hang out with all the girls, the delicioso dinner, and mostly, the subway serenade.  

5 comments:

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

so fun! looks like you had such an awesome 25th b-day! i just spent mine teaching a dance class...blah! and i CAN'T WAIT for you to come down to cali! we have to, HAVE TO do something while you are down...like maybe plan my trip there over eggs on toast and F*R*I*E*N*D*S!!! i wish i could be there with you having so much fun and living the life...i live vicariously through you! love you! :) *cindelle

kali said...

That food looks AMAZING, the chocolate fondue looks especially good. Happy Birthday!

Monica and Stephen said...

Happy late birthday!! Looks like you had a blast.
your cousin Monica check out my blog sometime. sholtfamily.blogspot.com

elise said...

looks like a fun b-day!

those dessert look divine!!

Unknown said...

I love the look on Curtis' face as your marshmallow is turning black! Happy belated birthday!