Thursday, June 12, 2008

Duck Beach: Day 2, Saturday

The New York house I stayed in, Pine Haven.

Saturday morning I woke up at about 7:30am (that happens when a million people are sleeping at one house) only to be sorely disappointed by the pouring rain.  Seriously????  Everyone was pretty much up and socializing by 9am.  All I could think of was, "Seriously, what are we going to do alllll day??"  Luckily by about 11am the rain quit and the sun burned through so everyone could head to the beach and we could have the annual volleyball tournament.
Yep, those are ALL our people, and that's not even everyone.  I heard there were about LDS singles from all over there.

Pretty much the biggest meat market I've ever experienced.

The girls I came down with: Lyndee Lichfield, Chelsie Bitton, Sara Olds, Courtnie Checketts, Jaclyn Hodges, and me.  It was still not super hot so we stayed covered up for most of the day, however I did make it into the water (and all the way under!) with a group at one point.

I literally have never seen so many sports on the beach before.  I saw: volleyball, baseball, ultimate frisbee, football, soccer (I played....it was rough with the shells, my feet got a little cut up) and horse shoes.



This was my second beach trip with Adam.  I just love that boy.

Curtis and me.

(Almost) all the girls in Pine Haven: Courtnie, Sara, Chelsie, Lyndee, Kristan, me, Melissa, Rachel, Charlotte.

Dinner at Sun Terra, the other NY house.  That table you see was later broken by people dancing on it.  Woops.  The fabulous Bryan Swiss went to work and fixed it up.  All the meals were planned by Adrienne Martin and they were all seriously AMAZING.

I love Erin.  We have the best girl talk.  She's darling.

In the entertainment room in the basement they had Rock Band.  That thing was pretty much always in use.  I played for the first time.  I tried the drums, and I sucked.

That night the party was at another DC house, Julie's dream.  There was a steel band and of course, people ended up in the pool.

The view from one of the terraces.  A million people, and that's only the backyard.  The house was packed as well.

We finally got things going on the dance floor (the first night there randomly was no dancing??) so we were really excited and of course all the New Yorkers were getting down with their bad selves, however, the NCPD quickly showed up thanks to too loud of music and people parked illegally on the street.  LAME.  I couldn't believe how loud the cop could yell though, to get everyone quiet, and how thick his southern accent was.  Of course we quickly told him there was no alcohol at the party, but he didn't care and said if people didn't start leaving he would start arresting.

All the New Yorkers headed back to Sun Terra for our own dance party.  It was so fun in the house because you could plug an iPod in and there's speakers all over the house, including the backyard by the pool and hot tub.  That night I made it down to the beach (although I didn't go in the water like some crazies) and the hot tub, and to bed by about 4:30am.  Insanity, and I loved it.

2 comments:

elise said...

um, I guess no one told drummer girl about sunscreen?!

elise said...

cute red dress. i like it.

i miss dance parties. jason & i want to have one, but we don't think anyone would come. and if they did, they wouldn't dance.