Thursday, June 12, 2008

Duck Beach: Day 4, Monday (Memorial Day)

Monday was definitely my favorite day of the trip.  It started off with everyone heading to the beach, and by everyone I don't mean all 10 million of us, I mean the New Yorkers and some DC crew.  It was a lot of fun to have it be a smaller group so we could just bond more.  It was honestly the most fun thing when a few people would decide to brave the chilly water.  Those few people would turn into a army of about twenty of us, all running into the water, freezing and laughing and having so much fun.

My little Zen garden Ed made for me.

Me and Curtis
The guys made Sara Borg into a mermaid.  I don't have a closer picture right now but they did a really good job, and Sar was an awesome sport.

Me and Ed eating lunch on the beach.  Perfection.  (PS Ed is the guy who told me I wouldn't be cute if I was short, thanks Ed.  We worked on his tact this trip.)

The view of the backyard and beach from the deck of Sun Terra.

A little beach football.

Sun Terra.

Curtis and me at the BBQ at Sun Terra.

Photo shamelessly stolen from Jen Fernie.

Standing in line for the grub-a-dub-dub.  So delish.  I ate it big time jumping from one of those little cement stools to the next on Tuesday.  I'd successfully made the jump about 4 times Monday, and then Tuesday I had my 5 year old Rainbows on with zero traction, and rammed my shin into one of them.....in front of everyone.  I couldn't decide which was bruised more, my leg or my ego.



A lot of people put on fake tats, gotta love Adam's.

And we dance....(this is actually from Sunday night....misplaced.)

Everyone enjoying dinner on a perfect Memorial Day.  The temperature was amazing.

Court, me, and Lyndee

Chatting with Ben Malone, one of my new favs from DC.

The whole NY crew.

The girls.


More Rock Band.

Melissa seriously rocked Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive.

At a karaoke bar.  SO fun.



Gabe and me.

Curtis singing Elvis' Suspicious Minds.


We got back from karaoking about midnight or so and just chilled, Rock Band, dancing, hot tubbing, etc.  I sat at chatted with Ben till about 2:30am till I could hardly keep my eyes open, and then headed out to the hot tub where a bunch of people were.  Rachel, Maren, and I were in the pool and quickly realized we're all past cheerleaders, and maybe threw up a few stunts.  Kind of embarrassing, but we didn't really care, it was a ton of fun.  I haven't stunted in years.
Curtis came over to Sun Terra (he was staying in the Black Pearl) about 4am and we chatted for a while.  That night I got to bed at 6:15am.  Just in time to walk through the living room to my bedroom to see the sun rising over the beach.  Amazing.

No comments: