Remember when blogging started getting really big and people were doing memes left and right? I always thought they were fun, but they've sort of fizzled. My cousin Tri tagged me in a meme about three weeks ago (oops!) and I'm finally getting around to it. It's a fun meme. You're supposed to answer the questions posed by the person who tags you, and then create eleven of your own questions and tag others. I don't know if anyone I tag will do it or not, but I specifically chose people I thought MAYBE might do it. If I didn't tag you, and you want to do it, you should. :)
1. What app do you love above all others?
I'm going to say Instagram, because I really do love adding filters to photos, and following others, however I think the app I use the most is weather.com.
2. Describe your dream profession.
Recently I got into a conversation with my dad, brother, and sister in law about what we would do if we knew we wouldn't fail and I honestly couldn't think of an answer. There just wasn't something I felt super passionate about. However, the way this question is worded lets me be a little more creative and make up a profession that probably doesn't even exist.
I would like to have a job that pays me to write, travel, and spend time with friends. One that doesn't include a boss hovering over me, and maybe got me access to some great Yankees seats. Does that sound like too much to ask for? :)
3. Appetizers or dessert?
Dessert. Hands down. 90% of the time I go to a restaurant and people want to order appetizers I could easily go without. It usually fills me up before the entree but everyone has room for a lil dessert. :)
4. If you could be BFF with any fictional character, who would you choose?
After my three hour brunch with my aunt and cousins I'm sure they know the answer to this; Lisbeth Salandar. I have equal parts feelings of girl crush and admiration for this chick. When I saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo I just kept thinking over and over, "She is so badass." In some ways she reminds me of a female Robin Hood. I don't want to go too into it and spoil anything, but I think everything questionable she does is justified. I developed real feelings in wanting the best for her.
5. I say BLUE. What immediately comes to mind?
6. Favorite song to blast and sing in your car with the windows down?
I don't have a car and I love not having one, however, there are a few things I do miss about driving. Blasting music while singing along is one of those reasons. There's no way I can pick just one song, but I have really great memories of some serious car parties in college while listening to Britney Spears.
7. Fashion fad that makes you hang your head in shame?
I'm not sure if this means fad that I don't get, or one that I'm ashamed I partook in.....I'll go ahead and admit that I fell victim to using the glitter lotion in junior high. Ugh. I remember a few of us in class before lunch covering ourselves in it so we'd be all sparkly when we went outside.
8. What are your thoughts on 80s Hair Bands-specifically Monster Ballads? I wish I had a better answer for this, but I'm sort of indifferent. I actually didn't know what a monster ballad was before this question. Although lately I've been listening to Heart's "Alone." Recently discovered it and I love it! Does that count as a monster ballad?
9. What is a book you wanted to throw across the room? What is one you wanted to hug?
Hm.........I don't know if I ever have wanted to throw a book across the room, however, there's a book that really disappointed me at the end. I know I'm probably going to ruffle some feathers here but I was seriously disappointed by the ending of Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. Don't hate me! I will admit that the book was really built up for me, and about half way through I quit reading for a while. There were parts of the book I absolutely loved, which is why I guess I was disappointed in the ending. Now, to make myself sound even worse to readers, I actually love the way the movie wrapped up the ending. It was essentially the same, but with some minor tweaks, and I really preferred it.
A book I wanted to hug? I feel like this is cliche but The Help. Can't think of another book I've read in a long time that I loved as much.
10. Imagine you are an aerobics instructor-what song must be on your playlist?
Remember that song from Saved by the Bell when the girls made an aerobics video? "Put your mind to it, go for it, get down and break a sweat, rock and roll, you ain't seen nothin yet!" Definitely that one. :)
11. What's for dinner tonight?
Pff. Who knows. It's Tuesday which usually means a night out at my usual spot to catch up with a Courtnie. Not sure if I'll end up eating there or not. If I do, it'll be a caesar salad.
Bonus: What's your favorite go-to lipstick?
MAC Girl About Town. A punchy pink. :)
And Tri, because I want to know the answers to these questions. :)
And your questions:
1. What is your number one desired travel destination?
2. What would you do if you were granted a day without any responsibilities?
3. Aside from something responsible (paying off debt, down payment on a house, saving) what is something you'd buy if someone gave you $100,000?
4. What is a favorite memory from college?
5. What is a song that has a strong tie to a great memory?
6. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
7. What is your all time favorite tv show?
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. What is one of your favorite Sunday activities?
10. What is something or someone you think is extremely overrated?
11. Have you ever skinny dipped? (I have skinny dipped with a few of you on the tag list, ha!)