Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuesday March 27th - two miles or cross training

Not really impressive that on my second day I sort of justified my way out of this one. It's true, excuses are for people who need them, but I told myself I was letting myself off the hook last night with the justification that I ended up walking five and a half miles throughout the day, and I just needed a night to do a couple things. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and overcommitted right now. I have a dinner tonight which means I'm swapping tonight's run for tomorrow's rest day. That means tomorrow I get to run and do strength training, and get my apartment in shape for two of my high school best friends who arrive on Friday.

I am SO excited for this weekend with Megan and Gina. We always have the best time and have some great things planned. There's just something about spending time with close girlfriends you've known literally half your life.

After they leave Sunday, I have dinner that night with an out of town visitor. Then Monday comes and I've got scuba classes Monday and Wednesday, four hours each (and the reading that goes along with them) and my training as well. Then the following weekend is Easter and I'm going to my brother's in New Hampshire. Then the following week it's scuba and half training again.

I pretty much don't have a free night for....ever. I know I'm going to have to start getting up early for runs, and I actually did that one day last week. That will be my next hurdle because getting up early is not my friend.

1 comment:

Kambria said...

Girl friends are the best. Hanging out with someone who has known you forever is such a great feeling. I have always wanted to learn to dive that is so fantastic you are doing it. I am very impressed.