Friday, March 23, 2012

Popcorn popping right before my eyes

Thursday morning my elevator doors opened and I walked into my lobby only to catch my breath by my street overflowing with blossoms. It literally happened overnight. I snapped this photo as I was hurrying out the door to work.

Then I came home and started walking up my street, only to be overwhelmed once again by the gorgeous street. I'd walked home through the Park and it had morphed overnight as well. I've seen some blossoms here and there, and the daffodils are all over, but there are some gorgeous bright yellow trees and even more flowers. I can't wait for the tulips to show up.

Then I hurried up Broadway to book club at Ashley's and had to take one more photo. I loved the look of this tree in front of the red building. I was in a rush and told myself I'd get a picture later, and then realized, I don't know when the next time I'll be walking up the street in daylight will be, and spring sadly comes and goes in the blink of an eye. Must appreciate it when you can!

Winter, spring, summer, and fall, I love New York in every season, but spring is my very favorite.

3 comments:

Kambria said...

That second picture is so beautiful I can't even stand it! NYC is glorious in the Spring :)

Lisa said...

That's beautiful!!

DebiHope54@gmail.com said...

That tree is beautiful! I hope it's like that in May, but I doubt it, huh.......