Thursday, April 30, 2009

Australia by the numbers

13
full days spent Down Under

9.8
kilometers hiked around Uluru

1
time we had to stop and ask for directions

30
pounds backpack weighed by the end of the trip

2
items lost during the trip (towel, which I was going to ditch anyway, and neck pillow, right before my Sydney to LA flight dang it!)

24 (that I can remember)
times I pulled out my wallet to buy souvineers, for myself or others (I was out of control)

3
giant spider encounters

2
spiders I killed!  (not the giant ones)

2
embarrassing falls

32
bug bits on feet and ankles

1472
steps taken to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge

1
curse word slipped while almost pulling onto the wrong side of the road

11
flights

51.25
approximate hours spent flying

countless
times I heard "no worries" and "how're you going?"

1
crush developed

millions
times I said "that is gorgeous!" and "I canNOT get over how nice the people are!"

3 comments:

Michelle said...

And One Green and Jealous cousin living in Denver, CO.

Debbie said...

Loved seeing all the pictures when you were home,honey! Miss you!!!
Love Mom!!!

Ty and Dani said...

Okay! I am very jealous. That is definitely my dream vacation....looks like you had an amazing time. Way fun!