So this is a couple days late but I had to post about my grandma because she just had her 80th birthday! There aren't words to do justice to explain what a sweet and wonderful lady my grandma is. I was so blessed to be able to have my grandparents living only a few blocks away while I was in college. To say my grandma is giving is quite the understatement. She had me over every Sunday for a delicious dinner. Anyone who's been lucky enough to indulge in my grandma's fabulous cooking knows what a treat this is. She always would comment that her cooking skills were headed downhill, but I don't know what she was talking about because everything was always so good. I could go on and on about how wonderful she is, so I decided I would make a list of just some of the great qualities about beautiful Jean Hope.
- All meals at her house are a production with place mats, all sorts of options for drinks, side dishes, etc, even if it's just breakfast.
- She is the best host.
- If I ever needed anything while in college, she would get it for me.
- She always sends prompt birthday/holiday cards with perfectly crisp dollar bills in them (and by crisp I mean she goes to the bank to get new dollar bills, and then irons them before she sends them-so cute!)
- She always would make the best homemade rolls, and would send me back to my apartment with a bunch to keep in the freezer.
- Dinner always included dessert.
- She can sew anything.
- She knew my favorite places in the eastern Idaho area (like Johnny Carino's) and would find me coupons for them.
- Her house is always perfectly organized, not a junk drawer in sight. It's so nice and peaceful to relax in.
- She's not only a sweet grandma to me, but to so many of my friends. There are countless numbers of friends from college who've eaten dinner at her place.
- She's so supportive (the picture above with us and my grandpa was at my college graduation dinner.)
- She writes the best poems.
- When I was little she would always paint my nails when she came to visit. She always had cool colors like hot pink, blue, and yellow. This was LONG before these colors became popular. She would always do fun designs like polka dots on my nails.
- She's one of the most thoughtful people I know.
- She loves to shop!
- She loves to use the computer and email, and I think she just got a digital camera too!
- She would do absolutely anything for anyone, and has always been a wonderful example to me.
Like I said, these are just some of the great things about my grandma. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. I love you Grandma, happy birthday!!