Monday, July 11, 2011

This weekend

This photo pretty much sums up my weekend. It was filled with way too much junk food, and hours, yes, hours, spent watching Jeter coverage.

The highlights:
-walking home through the a very empty Central Park with Court due to the rain
-dinner at my favorite mexican joint, Harry's Burritos
-running into Phil, one of the nicest guys from my Wall Street days
-both of us (Courtnie, not Phil) passing out at my place, and then convincing Court to head to Hell's with me so I could get my favorite concrete at Shake Shack, the It's Pretzle.
-sleeping a hard, uninterrupted ten hours
-brunch with some of my favorite girls, Ash, Britt, Maria, Alisa, Court, and Jen at one of my favorite places, Agave.
-getting home one inning too late....:(.....to see Jeter's 3000th hit live, but then watching most of the rest of the game, as well as lots and lots of replays, coverage, interviews, etc.
-late nap
-stroll through Central Park to the east side
-picking up Sprinkles for Maria's going away party
-Maria's party with way way way too many treats (we were told to bring our favorite NY treats since Maria's moving to Provs.) Yes, I'm aware Sprinkles is originally a west coast thing, however Maria just had it for the first time and is sad to leave it behind. I also think their red velvet cupcake is the best cupcake I've ever had in my life. And, how can I buy any other cupcakes now that I know they make Yankees cupcakes??!!
-a run in with Jamar
-watching more Yanks/Jeets coverage from 11:30pm-1am
-getting almost caught up on the shows which have been on my dvr for about two months and have managed to not automatically delete
-slept in again (oops)
-watched CC throw a complete game, first time I've seen that as far as I can recollect.
-fourish hours in the park reading
-Shake Shack for din
-caught up with Mattgician, whom I've successfully phased into the friend zone. Booya.

3 comments:

elise said...

I regret not getting that concrete when I was at that very Shake Shack. Also not getting it when I walked near there the next day. What was one more treat?!

Also. I used to be out on Sprinkles, but since they opened one near us, I have tried it a couple times. Still don't love it like I do Elizabethan (next time you are here, I will take you there), but I do think their cupcakes are growing on me, especially if you get the super fresh ones that they bring right out from the pack. And I have to say, I was sorely disappointed in my Magnolia cupcakes when we were out. Same as they've always been or are they going downhill and my tastes have changed?

Sean and Becky said...

First of all, I love the cupcakes. I also love that when you talk about going to Shake Shak, I know exactly what you're taking about...and that I've been there with you. :)

Brooke said...

Fun, Fun!! Those cookies look good. I have been craving sugar cookies for a week...