Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hair today.....gone tomorrow

After over a year of contemplating I finally worked up the courage and did it.  I chopped it off.  For the last couple months I've really had to think seriously about it and now I'm so glad I did it!  I thought I would either A-hate it, or B-think it's alright, and it would take a while to get used to it.  Luckily I ended up with mystery option C-I immediately loved it and keep loving it more and more!  (Except when trying to style it, that will take some time.)


The last looks.

I've been going to Leela pretty religiously for about 10 years so I had to let her be the one to chop it.  Plus, I'd never trust anyone else for something so drastic!!  I was pretty much freaking out at this point.

The pony looks pretty short there, especially the layers, but don't worry, it's all long enough for Locks of Love.  :)

The final look!!  Other than when Leela's apprentice girl was blow drying it (who definitely didn't know what she was doing and kept burning me....I was getting a little nervous) I loved it immediately.

A HUGE thank you to my dear Aimee who drove down from LA for the moral support.  Aim used to have long hair like me, so she was great for lots of questions (she was one of only two people who knew before hand that I was cutting it.)
This isn't the greatest picture because I'd had my hair pulled in a pony for a little bit so it's got a kink.  After the first time I had to blowdry and style it myself I was a little frustrated, but I know it'll just take some time.  I really am loving it so much, and it's so so so so SO easy!!!  So low maintenance, and even though the pony is such a little baby one I really like how it looks pulled back too, or even half up.  I feel like I can still do a lot with it.  Yay!!  So far I've gotten all positive feedback, even from my brothers and Dad, who I thought would be a tough sell.  Curtis even likes it, who I knew would be my toughest critic.  He loves my hair, and any time I mentioned cutting it he'd beg me not too.  
The best part is knowing even if someone doesn't like it it wouldn't even matter because I love it so much!!

19 comments:

brenna said...

Wow! It looks great!

maggie said...

I love it! It looks great! Hope you had a nice visit back to CA! And a good Thanksgiving!

Cyn said...

Stunning Rachel! Really. And such a good cause. My sister Valerie grows hers long and cuts it periodically for Wigs For Kids. She just got it cut REALLY short, a cute pixie. Yours is a nice professional length and still versatile. Congrats. P.S. If UR still in CA, come visit this week. If not,maybe at Christmas. C-YA

Michelle said...

Rachel, it looks so cute. I just chopped mine off too. Looks just like yours. Are we still reading each others minds after all these years as Ding and Dong?

Shannon "Fuller" Davis said...

best thing you ever did. I love it!

katherine said...

LOVE it!

Nadia said...

LOVE IT, AND LOVE YOU FOR DOING IT!!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL and SOPHISTICATED!!! You are a real City Girl now!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I LOVE it, Rach!! Short hair is the way to go--I don't think I'll ever have mine long again.

Liese said...

it looks so great! love it tons!

katherine said...

A second comment (yes I've been looking at these pictures again) you have such pretty healthy hair! What products do you use????

Katie M said...

beautiful! you have guts!

JH said...

Oh yeah! I love your new do. I chopped off all of my hair in August and donated it. After 3 months of growing, it still is shorter than yours. You look adorable. XOXO!

melissa said...

oh my gosh i LOVE IT!!!!!! it looks amazing!

Swaner Family said...

I love it! I'll be honest... when you said you cut your hair, a part of me was nervous b/c you have such beautiful long hair. But it look awesome! Good job!

Katie and Christian said...

So cute Rachel!

Chelsie said...

Love Love LOVE it!!!!

DebiHope54@gmail.com said...

Love it! You look so sheck? Is that how you spell it, or is it chick, no shreck? No, whatever....and what a great cause. You are such a giving person! I love you, honey!!!!

Brad Hope said...

Is it bad to say that Lela looks like Vic?