Friday, October 21, 2011

A question I'm frequently asked


"Do you ever miss having a car?" No, I don't. I took this photo one day last week on my walk to work. I've said it before but I have the world's best commute. I get to walk. Through Central Park. There honestly isn't a better way to get to work. I get to work happy every morning. Every day I'm reminded how thankful I am for my legs that let me walk and get the endorphins pumping, and my eyes that take in such beauty.
I think about how this is how I get to work, and how I used to sit, filled with rage, in a parking lot on the 405 every morning. No. I do not miss having a car. Not one bit.

5 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Love this. And am jealous.

Kate said...

Central Park is beautiful. You are very lucky to get to walk through such beauty to work.... how is it in the winter? I bet Central Park is GORGEOUS!

Haley Roe said...

just tried to leave a comment and it deleted! bARGH. soo i said..

I cant wait to be there with you for New Years and get down for B's wedding...also NYE plans? can we go all out? are you free? to be a single lady with me?

Anonymous said...

you are so lucky...i dream about visiting nyc

Anonymous said...

Love it! I miss walking lol