Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hudson River


I decided to mix i t up on Monday and go running along the West Side Highway trail instead of the Reservoir. I can't remember the last time I went running on a straight path, versus a loop. It was weird not being able to just look how much further I had to go, and at some point just deciding to stop and turn around. Not sure I like that.


I did enjoy the change in scenery, and you can't beat the view of the sun setting.


Last night Em and I rode our bikes down to the Shake Shack for a birthday get together. It was so nice to be on my bike for the first time this year. I thought it was the perfect way to enjoy the longest day of the year.

6 comments:

nerak said...

KILLER PIC.

i used to love love love running in riverside park, down to the pier and back.

at the mere mention of the shake shack, i get hungry.

elise said...

Pretty sunset!

Agreed. Running loops is much better than running out & back.

chelse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelse said...

If I could run with the scenery I might actually start running again. ha probably not. But it is soooo pretty! Yea for bike rides and summer! We spent the longest day on a bike ride too!
I don't know why your spacing is going all crazy. Sometimes weird things like that happen to me and then all of a sudden the next post is normal. Good luck.

and PS your birthday present is still on it's way.... I'm just having a bit of a slump. This of it as a summer surprise and it won't be so late

Brooke said...

It makes running so much easier when you have such an amazing view. I like doing loops better than in and out. It doesn't seem as long to me.

Michelle said...

Gorg picture. Love it!