Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Running the GW, my first double state run


Last week I ran a midweek run across the George Washington bridge.  This was my first time on the GW bridge (on foot) and the run was fantastic!  The time of day was perfect (no filters in these pics) and the views of the city and the Hudson River were spectacular.  Twilight is my favorite time of day to run.  I love seeing the buildings slowly light up.  As usual I was overwhelmed with gratitude to live here, and for my healthy body that allows me to run.  I remember thinking during this run, I will never not be a runner.  I dare anyone feeling sorry for themselves to go for a run and still be unhappy.

Despite confusion getting off the bridge (running a mile out of the way down an off ramp and back) and rolling my ankle, it was still a fantastic run.  The bridge, as well as the other four miles were quite hilly so I was beat when I was finished.  This run was my first one wearing my charity jersey(?) and also using a sweat band.  I have been wanting a sweat band since I was training for my half and finally remembered to buy some.  I didn't love it as much as I thought I would.  It was nice to be able to have something to wipe my face with, but my wrist got claustrophobic.

No comments: