Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Proust Questionnaire

The lovely Janet of Slice of Pink introduced us to the original meme, by Marcel Proust.  It's supposed to reveal your true nature.  Some of these questions are real head scratchers, but I had a good time thinking up my answers (and adding photos, for fun.)
Let me know if you fill out out.  I'd love to read yours!  

What is your idea of perfect happiness? 
Sometimes I feel these moments when I'm walking around the city and it's one of those rare days when the weather is just absolutely perfect, low 70s with no humidity.  Everything is balanced.  I've got a little money in my pocket, everyone I care about is okay, and the forecast is just optimistic.  There's a feeling of complete joy, and I'm just beaming, like I could burst, and I feel perfectly happy. 

What is your greatest fear? 
Being unhappy in life and forgetting that I have control over my own happiness.   
And spiders.  Hate those SOBs. 

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? 
Laziness. 

What is the trait you most deplore in others? 
Unrighteous judging. 

Which living person do you most admire? 
This is a really tough question, because I admire so many people, and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.  That being said I have to say one of my best friends, Chelse.  I realized how much I love and respect her on her wedding day.  Never have I felt so much happiness for another person.  I literally could not keep it inside, and was a teary mess most of the day.  She really defines "low maintenance, high yield" in every aspect of life.  I have never had the pleasure of knowing someone so strong, and so optimistic, who can truly keep it together through life's storms.  She has endured some hard times for someone of such a young age, and always comes through with grace and beauty.  Gosh I can hardly even type this without choking up.  Love you Chels. (And it's her birthday today!!)  


What is your greatest extravagance? 
Jubilee Marketplace.  Nothing beats picking up the phone and having your groceries delivered in under an hour. 

What is your current state of mind? 
Antsy. 

What do you consider the most overrated virtue? 
Diplomacy.   

On what occasion do you lie? 
When it will save myself, or someone else, from an unnecessary headache.  (That makes it sound like I lie a lot.  I don't.) 

What do you most dislike about your appearance? 
My sausage arms. 

Which living person do you most despise? 
I have to reach to answer this question, so why try?  Don't need to put that in the universe. 

What is the quality you most like in a man? 
Confidence. 

What is the quality you most like in a woman? 
Confidence.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse? 
Freaking.  I'd love to quit that one. 

What or who is the greatest love of your life? 
TBD 

When and where were you happiest? 
My first year in New York.  Everything was just so good. 


Which talent would you most like to have? 
I would love to be able to sing. 

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? 
I'd be the kind of person who gets up and goes running every morning. 

What do you consider your greatest achievement? 
Making it totally on my own in the Big Apple. 

If you were to die and come back as as person or a thing, what would it be? 
A bird. 

Where would you most like to live? 
Lately Europe's been calling my name...

What is your most treasured possession? 
My memory. 

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? 
A life alone. 

What is your favorite occupation? 
When I was 19 I worked for a company that scheduled termite inspections and fumigations.  I made appointments and worked up the reports when they came back.  I actually really loved the work.  I did not like my coworkers, however, which has been the opposite situation of every other job I've had.

What is your most marked characteristic? 
People at work would say I'm happy.  My friends and family would say I'm picky. 

What do you most value in your friends? 
Support. 

Who are your favorite writers? 
I love reading anything written by my family. 


Who is your hero of fiction? 
Jack Bauer. 

Which historical figure do you most identify with? 
Don't know much about history.... 

Who are your heroes in real life? 
Parents.  Any parents.  It's got to be the most selfless thing you can do in life.



What are you favorite names? 
Everyone in my family knows this question is off limits... 

What is it that you most dislike? 
Cold, rainy, windy days. 

What is your greatest regret? 
Caring too much about what others thought about me in high school, not pursuing a semester in Hawaii in college, taking my smokin body for granted when I had one, and not asking Sarah Jessica Parker for a photo when she said hi to me. 

How would you like to die? 
An old lady, peacefully in my bed, with my sweetheart. 

What is your motto? 
Take advantage of every opportunity. 

4 comments:

Cyn said...

Nice Survey Rae. Loved the accompanying pictures.

DebiHope54@gmail.com said...

I loved that!!! I just wore that sweater and skirt this week......LOL!!! Oldie but goodie! Can't wait for you to come home.....1 month from tomorrow!

chelse said...

i loved reading this!!! i'm going to do it.... sometime soon to i swear. Also thanks for those sweet things you said about me. I wish I could live up to the words. I feel so negative lately and it's hard changing. But thanks for the lift. I miss you so much! I love you!

Al and Al said...

Hey! Thanks Rachel! We'll be in California for Christmas! So excited you will be too!Fun blog by the way! You're awesome!